Seder (Passover) Meal
The Passover Seder is a family meal held in observance of the command of the Lord to tell each new generation the story of God’s miraculous redemption of his people Israel from slavery in Egypt. It engages all one’s senses, so that each individual – even a child – gets to think of themselves as being redeemed from bitter slavery to enjoy complete freedom. The Hebrew word “Seder” (pronounced “say-dehr”) translates to “order” in English and there is a set order to the “Telling” (Hebrew – Haggadah). Jesus celebrated Passover with his disciples and filled the observance with a much fuller meaning for all his followers, both Jewish and Gentile. The communion service arose from the elements of Jesus’ Seder meal, so it is fitting that we should celebrate this meal together as a Christian community on the night Jesus celebrated it and do it as he commanded “… in remembrance of me.” (See Luke 22:7-23)
- Menu Prepared by Chef Carl to include:
Spring Greens with Strawberries and Toasted Almonds
Chicken Soup with Matzah Ball
Red wine Braised Beef with Herbed Mash,
Roasted Carrots with hot honey
Flourless Chocolate Pate` with vanilla anglaise
- A special Kosher children’s meal will be served to children 12 and under.
- There will be a special Children’s Seder celebration apart from the main Seder Celebration. (Children 5 and under are welcome to participate in the Seder at the parent’s discretion.)
- The Seder Ceremony will take approximately one hour so please eat a snack before you come.
- Childcare for children 5 and under is available. Please feed your young children in advance. There will be no charge for your young children but a donation for childcare would be appreciated.
- Seating is limited and based on a first come first serve basis. (Register sooner rather than later.) There will be assigned seating with place cards much like a wedding.
- Once the event fills to capacity, registrants will be placed on a waiting list and will be invited to come based on cancellations.
- The Seder meal will be in place of a Maundy Thursday Service.
- Cost is $25.00 per adult (age 13 and up)
- Cost for children 12 and under is $10 per child.
- Small Group Leaders will have the option to purchase a table of 8 for $200 or a table of 10 for $250. A registration link for small groups will be provided to the leaders. Members can reimburse the leader directly.